Horizons at Saint David’s volunteers are vital to the program. Positions are open to alumni from the Horizons Program and Saint David's alumni who are high school and college age. Volunteers must be available to work for a minimum of two consecutive weeks. Volunteer positions are limited and we cannot honor every request. We are proud that many of our volunteers have chosen to return to Horizons for two and even three summers.
Volunteers play a valuable role at Horizons by assisting classroom teachers with a variety of activities:
- Academic Support: work with students individually or in small groups; prepare materials for classroom activities, monitor specific activities as assigned by classroom teacher.
- Enrichment Support: supervise and engage with students during field trips and in enrichment activities (swimming, music, art).
- General Support: set a positive example for all students at all times; assist with lunch and snack; monitor and engage with students during recess, at sports, during transitions, on the bus, and during swimming.
To be a successful Horizons at Saint David’s volunteer, you will need to embody the following characteristics:
- Relate well to children and adults;
- Have a cheerful and positive outlook;
- Be proactive, adaptable and able to problem-solve.
For further information, please contact Ms. Nicole Ransone Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please put “2024 Summer Volunteer Position” in subject line.
Thank you for your interest in Horizons at Saint David’s!